While my fiancée and I were at my little sister’s band concert last week, we were waiting on the class to start, and we noticed the families with toddlers around us. Some were well behaved, and some were running around like our daughter. However, as I grabbed my daughter off the school theater floor we started saying, “you know you have a toddler when……”. This lead to this blog of humorous, yet truthful experiences when dealing with the toddler stage. Please, feel free to add in the comments.
You know you have a toddler when:
1) All of the Christmas ornaments are missing from the bottom of the tree.
Unless there is a baby gate around the Christmas tree this is what the tree looks like.
2) At least one thing in the house is sticky.
We can give our child apples and bananas and we will still have something in your house sticky.
3) A valuable possession that has been taken care of for many years is now broken.
I have a Nativity Scene I have had for over 10 years that is now missing a baby Jesus.
4) The floor is not visible.
Yes, as soon as I clean one room my daughter is destroying another. The floors in my house are never clean at the same time.
5) All of the fruit in the fruit bowl has at least one bite mark in the all the fruit.
I keep a fruit bowl on my kitchen table where, my 1-year-old likes to climb and take a bite out of the fruit and put it back. Then she will finally pick an apple to actually eat.
6) You always check the toilet before sitting on it. I can not count how many times I have found little parts of toys in the toilet and the toilet rolls. Our toilet roll holder is placed low because of how our bathroom is set up and my one year old has figured out how to take it apart!
7) You know you have a toddler when, you trip over, slip on or stomp your toe on at least one toy a day. No matter how often we parents try to clean and stay on top of things lets be honest, our house is never really neat. As soon as on room is picked up and clean, our toddler is destroying another area.
While, I have only listed a few, I will continue to add more of this segment each week. Please feel free to add to the, “You know you have a toddler when” segment. Hope you have a beautiful day!